Which to choose, HTML or CMS?
- HTML is great for static sites (sites with little to no changes made after deployment).
- Lower cost to maintain
- HTML5 fancy things
- not responsive, mobile sites must be created for different device groups
- doesn’t work well with database driven apps
- Responsive, pages auto adjust images and content automatically
- database driven, more complicated apps can be integrated into site*
- faster (typically) load times over HTML
- Costlier (in time and tools) to design, develop and deploy
- higher maintenance (weekly & sometimes daily updates)
- larger target for hackers
* Popular database driven apps include: Blogs, forums, photo galleries, mailing lists & submission forms.